The Interdisciplinary Center for Bioethics at Yale University offers educational programs throughout the year.
Foundations in Bioethics
This annual four-day program is scheduled for June 9-12, 2020.
At the conclusion of this four-day program, participants will be able to answer:
- What are the most pressing issues in bioethics today (in the environment, research, law & policy, clinical ethics, and more)?
- What is bioethics, and what is ethical theory?
- What are the main principles, concepts, and common terms in bioethics?
- What methods, frameworks, and arguments are commonly used in bioethics?
- How might I utilize bioethics in my career?
For more information, please see the Foundations page.
Sherwin B. Nuland Summer Institute in Bioethics
Clinical Ethics Training
On January 25, 2019, we offered a 1-day training for members of hospital ethics committees and others interested in ethical aspects of clinical medicine. We may offer this program on a biannual basis.
- Reviewed the core ethical responsibilities of individuals performing hospital ethics consultation, and how to fulfill them;
- Learned and practiced methods of mediation that can be employed in a clinical ethics consultation;
- Participated in simulations of ethics case consultations;
- Chose from a variety of break-out sessions which shall include administration of ethics committees, latest findings on marginalized populations, the role of religion in ethics consults, and recent legal happenings impacting ethics consultations.
For more information, please see the Clinical Ethics Training page.