The Interdisciplinary Center for Bioethics at Yale University offers educational programs throughout the year.
Clinical Ethics Training
On January 25, 2019, we will offer a 1-day training for members of hospital ethics committees and others interested in ethical aspects of clinical medicine.
- Review the core ethical responsibilities of individuals performing hospital ethics consultation, and how to fulfill them;
- Learn and practice methods of mediation that can be employed in a clinical ethics consultation;
- Participate in simulations of ethics case consultations;
- Choose from a variety of break-out sessions which shall include administration of ethics committees, latest findings on marginalized populations, the role of religion in ethics consults, and recent legal happenings impacting ethics consultations.
For more information, please see the Clinical Ethics Training page.
Foundations in Bioethics
This annual four-day program is scheduled for June 11-14, 2019.
At the conclusion of this four-day program, participants will be able to answer:
- What is bioethics, and what is ethical theory?
- What are the main principles, concepts, and common terms in bioethics?
- What methods, frameworks, and arguments are commonly used in bioethics?
- What are the most pressing issues in bioethics today (in research, law & policy, clinical ethics, and more)?
- How might I utilize bioethics in my career?
For more information, please see the Foundations page.